give (someone) the courage or confidence to do something or to behave in a certain way:synonyms: fortify · make brave/braver · encourage · hearten · strengthen · inspire
Unleashing your experience of life through adventure. Creating individual achievements through a team environment. Connecting you with your community while exploring the beauty of the outdoors.
Meet the Team
Destined to join forces, Melissa Bales and Alexandra Crossman connected through pure serendipity. Their parallel lives had them creating events together and transforming the community before they even recognized each other, let alone knew each other's names. After one talk and walk over tea, it became inevitable that Crossman is a natural fit for eMBolden Events.
Founder & Chief Experience Officer
With a childhood abundant with outdoor family activities, Melissa Bales was raised with a passion for fitness. After a 10 year career path in the adult beverage industry, the world started relating to her as the party girl. While, fun, playful, adventurous and spontaneous are words that she embodies, she did not relate to herself the way her new community did. Bales knew herself to be health conscious, philanthropic and an explorer, but her communications were dominated by her career. With the alcohol industry's view of her and her internal passions not matching up, Bales made a commitment to refocus her life on health and fitness and re-brand herself.
Fast forward to today, Melissa is recognized for being an empowering force in our global community bringing the world together one adventure at a time. She attributes many of the transformational moments in life to fitness. Committed to creating an environment to empower individuals as they unleash the courageous adventurer from within, eMBolden Events was born.
- 5th year Dolphin's Cancer Challenge, Ride Marshall
- Longest bike ride 146 miles through Miami
- Ambassador and Goddess for Life- Project Athena Foundation (Completed the Grand Canyon Rim2Rim2Rim , Santa Barbara 24hr Adventure, Keys 2 Recovery)
- Favorite food- Tomatoes
- Enjoys activities such as Paddleboarding, Cycling, Hiking, Climbing, Yoga, Skiing, Rollerblading, Snowboarding, Snowshoeing, Kayaking, Tubing, Cliff Diving, Running, Dancing, Volleyball, skydiving and so much more!
Alexandra is a 4th generation ski/snowboard instructor who grow up in the mountains of Vermont with an extreme adventure sports loving family. Growing up friends jokingly referred to visits to her childhood home as “going to Camp Crossman”. Alexandra continues to create epic adventures with eMBolden Events that push limits and teach new skills that you will want to share, photograph or brag about.
- Crossman completed a 5 month fitness/servant leadership course, traveling between Colorado, US and South America
- Boarder cross competitor (picture motor cross, but with snow and snowboards)
- For her Birthday she hosted a skydiving party and jumped at 15,000 feet
- Professional youth soccer coach and paddleboard instructor
- Previous Summer camp counselor at Ski Magazine's #1 overall resort in the Eastern US and Canada - Smuggler’s Notch Resort
- Heli-skiing is on her bucket list
- Ambassador for Paving the Way Foundation
- Alexandra enjoys paddleboarding, snowboarding, Zumba (and dancing of any kind), mountain biking and cliff diving!
Experience the eMBoldened Life
Explore upcoming adventures.